Calm prevails despite tough times

By Gary Fielding | 25 February 2020

This week I will be sitting in the council chamber as councillors (hopefully) vote through the recommended budget package. To many it may seem like the end of a long and difficult journey. The reality is that there are still a lot of moving parts.

If I reflect upon the council’s position then we get no revenue support grant and only 15% of our specific grants are derived from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. The remaining 85% comes from other Government departments, notably the Department for Education and the Department of Health.

Want full article access?


Receive The MJ magazine each week and gain access to all the content on this website with a subscription.

Full website content includes additional, exclusive commentary and analysis on the issues affecting local government.

`

Already a subscriber? Login

Finance Council Tax Better Care Fund Public health SEND Adult social care
Top

Coronavirus Update

x

In light of the ongoing coronavirus crisis, some of you may not be able to receive your copy of TheMJ magazine. If you’d like to change your delivery address, please contact our subscriptions department at customer@hgluk.com
Read The MJ for free

OR
Keep up to date by subscribing to our daily newsletter

theMJ products